Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2009 is already better than 2008, guys


Seriously. 2008 was a pretty disappointing year for music.
But 2009! 2009, you treat me right. You don't dangle in front of my eyes the new album from creators of Return to Cookie Mountain, only to have it crash on the floor in a uninspiring pile of mediocrity. Oh no, not you, 2009! You give me an amazing, Maryland concert venue-inspired album from one of the best active artists. You keep the Yeah Yeah Yeahs interesting. You reinvent one of the best bands of all times into a ridiculous and vulgar alter-ego. YOU HELP TO CURE AIDS FOR GOD'S SAKE.

OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THESE ALBUMS YET:
Animal Collective Merriweather Post Pavilion
Fever Ray Fever Ray
Condo Fucks Fuck Book
Dan Deacon Bromst
Yeah Yeah Yeahs It's Blitz!
Various Artists including Yo La Tengo, the National, Arcade Fire, Yeasayer Dark Was the Night

Get the following albums on their release dates AND NO SOONER. I'm not even sure why I'm telling you to get them because I certainly have no idea what they sound like.

St. Vincent Actor (May 5th)
Grizzly bear Veckatimest (May 26th)
Dirty Projectors Bitte Orca (June 9th)

THERE ARE OTHERS TOO BUT THESE ARE THE PRIORITIES PEOPLE

3 comments:

  1. Andrew your post has left me no choice but to pirate Bitte Orca. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONNOR I WILL SO BAN YOU FROM THIS BLOG IF YOU KEEP ENFORCING ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

    wait can I do that
    somebody tell me if I can do that

    ReplyDelete